RE: A sad day

To: "Chris Chandler" <barak@voyager.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A sad day
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:03:52 -0600
Chris, what castle nuts are you trying to remove?  Kingpins?

If your plan is to remove the front suspension on a car you're going to crush,
I recommend
you remove the whole cross member.

My second thought is, if the cotter pins are that rusted, the nut will be next
to impossible
to remove without some heat.  If you have to heat it to remove it, the pins
won't make any
difference.  Heat it up and twist.  Be aware that the threads may get destroyed
in the
process.

Larry Hoy

snip
>Anyway, has anyone got any ideas on how to get the pins out of castle nuts
>that appear to have been on there since the car rolled off the line?  The
>free ends sheared off the second I touched them and the loop end is pulled
>right down into the nut and I can't seem to get ahold of it no matter how
>hard I try.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list