Re: Splines

To: rolindsay@dgrc.com, ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Splines
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:18:52 EDT
In a message dated 4/18/01 3:12:49 PM, rolindsay@dgrc.com writes:

<< > A sad story I've told before, but when I was young and foolish I had a
new
> '68 GT with wires I never greased until the wheels/hubs were way gone.

   This note begs the question; What is the 'best' way to remove a set of
spline-fit wire wheels that are 'stuck' on the splines?  Translated, "What
do you do to remove the wire wheels from an old car that hasn't had the
wheels off for years?"  Tricks? Tips? >>

Back when young and stupid, I used a BFH.  Not too subtle, huh?  Amazingly,
the car lasted a decade before a Pontiac got us.

Jay Donoghue

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list