RE: Anyone want a '67 MGB for 15K? How about 17K?

To: "René C.M. van Maanen" <cmvanmaanen@hetnet.nl>
Subject: RE: Anyone want a '67 MGB for 15K? How about 17K?
From: "Jon Lind" <JonL@avanade.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:24:55 -0700
It's amazing how many people think a TD is worth $50K.  A common event
is for someone to die, and their kids see this classic old car with
classic old lines and figure it must be worth a bunch.  Us MG guys know
better, but I'm sure there are people out there who can/will pony up the
cash because they don't know any better.  It has to be inflationary,
which is a shame.

When I was 15 my dad found one that some elderly lady had out behind her
house, with a shot top, ruined interior, but a mostly straight body that
had been neglected (and presumably hadn't run) for years.  Being a
former MG guy himself, he was thinking "oh, we can buy that and fix it
up".  The lady was asking $12K, and that was 15 years ago.  Of course,
if I ran across it now for that price, I'd probably grab it.