Re: MGA 1500: Cold valve gap?

To: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA 1500: Cold valve gap?
From: Steve Morris <smorris@en.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 09:59:49 -0400
On 4/22/01 7:55 AM, Paul Tegler  <ptegler@cablespeed.com> wrote:

>404?  the Autolite 63 is the equiv. of the
>Champion N9YC, and NGK BP6ES not the 404.

Is it?. Maybe that was contributing to the problem I was having.

When I got the car last summer, it had Bosch W7CC or RO 871 (both numbers
are on the plug.) When I started burning a lot of oil it was fouling the
plugs every few hundred miles, so I got some replacesments to swap out
with the Bosch plugs. I took the list of plugs called out somewhere in my
literature (either the little owners manual repro, the service manual, or
the A-Antics reprints) and the closest cross reference we could come up
with was the Autolite 404.

That's why I was asking for a suggestion last week for plugs to use when
running on modern gasoline. The most frequent suggestionswere the
Champion and the NGK BP6E (if I could find them) or the BP6ES.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Morris     Avon, Ohio
1958 MGA 1500    Red/Black