NON LBC - Questions about "Down Under"

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: NON LBC - Questions about "Down Under"
From: MGTDB@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:04:21 EDT
Hello to all my LBC Friends Down Under,

I will be traveling to Sydney and Auckland from June 22 to July 10.  My
fifteen year old son will be playing in a soccer tournament in Auckland.   I
have some really tacky questions, as only an American will ask.......  I'm
sure you already know that we are totally uninformed about what it happening
in the rest of the world!

Firstly, I do know that our seasons are very different, so what will the
weather be like at the end of June..... not a weather forecast, but
generally?   I need to know what to pack.

Also, do you all use 110 or 220, ie.... will my American appliances (hair
dryer, etc.) work there or should I take the stuff that I use in London.....
or something totally different?   No point in hauling stuff down there if I
can't use it.........

This one is really dumb...... what is the currency and I am assuming that you
can do exchanges in the airports, etc..... as in the UK?   Do you have ATMs
that can access accounts in the states..... I have done that in London and
Wales.... makes it very convenient.

Now for the really important stuff...... wonder if there will be any MG event
during that time......  We will be in Sydney for a week..... the on to
Auckland for a week.... .then to Fiji for a side trip......

Please forgive my ignorance......but I am capable of even dumber questions
regarding my cars!!

TIA
Karyn...... TD, A&B!

///