Re: Brit Car Auction, 4/28... For NY/NJ/CT/PA Listers.... Web

To: "Dan DiBiase" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Brit Car Auction, 4/28... For NY/NJ/CT/PA Listers.... Web
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:50:55 -0400
> Mike, I made a leap and 'assumed'  on this one. Sounds like just another
> sales gimmick...

The M&G auction is not a gimmick.  M&G has a large stock of NOS components
they bought when BL closed it's does... they have been trying to liquidate
that inventory for quite some time.  Over the years it seems M&G's focus has
moved from parts and restoration to auto sales under the direction of the
owner's son.  While I dislike the management, and think they're kind of
scummy and often rude, there are probably some deals to be had.

There will be some unique cars available.  Possibly even a 1951 RHD XK120 SE
that was pulled out of a garage Friday, and I spent cleaning off and getting
it mobile Saturday, may be present.  Remarkably straight and complete, and
has SCCA racing history.

It's been a good barnfind year... so far was involved with a MG PA (burnt
out) in the winter, '61 Triumph Herald still with original tyres and top and
a damn near perfect body, and then the XK120 this week.  :-)  I'll get pics
of the XK120 up, but for now you can see the Herald (now owned by Andy Mace)
at:

http://www.radickemedia.com/herald/

You may want to note that plastic protective trim panel sheet is still
mostly on the passenger door trim panel in one of the shots!

Kai

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list