Re: Second Generation owners (was 5th Annual British Car

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Second Generation owners (was 5th Annual British Car
From: "Parenti, Mark" <MParenti@Pirus.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:02:25 -0400
At 7:20 PM -0400 4/24/01, Dan Hackney wrote:
>Any fathers out there who
>have successfully hooked their kids on Brit cars?
>-Dan Hackney
>'72 MGB
>'88 Jaguar XJ6

My youngest son Sean (17) and I fixed up a 1977 B last year for him. We
stripped it, had it painted and then put everything back with a new
interior. The goal was to have it roadworthy the day he could legally drive
by himself. We made it and the car is his daily driver from April-November.
We had to put a refurbished head on this spring (the original developed a
crack over plug #2). Should be back on the road this weekend. He enjoys
having a "different" car and it gives us something to do together (we do all
the work on it together). Next on his list is a set of Fiero seats and some
more audio equipment (amp, subwoofer). Not exactly concours, but if it keeps
him interested I say power to him. I also have another '77 that my wife and
I drive.

Now my middle son (20) bought a '70 Camaro project last fall so that is the
project for this summer!! Anyone know any good mailing lists like this one
for Camaros?

Mark Parenti

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list