RE: Black Beauty

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Allen Wulf" <wulfmgbv8@home.com>
Subject: RE: Black Beauty
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:52:01 -0400
Hi Al:

Absolutely I love it!!! Thanks for the kind words on Black Beauty. Mine is
probably not quite as slick as yours. I didn't have the patience to continue
on and go the 2000 grit route like you did - at least not yet! I've still
got time for that though.

Were YOU meaning that you used a poly base/clear or a lacquer base/clear
paint?

The dash and gauges were in the car when I bought it approximately 14 years
ago. I bought it from the guy who said he was the original owner - and he
didn't say anything about swapping the dash and any gauges.  They ARE the
good Smith's steel gauges - but I really am not an expert on year model ID
stuff. Sounds as if you know more than me in this area. I'd like to know
more though.

I think that the 73 IS the BEST year. Has all the traditional looks of the
oldest model B, has the most modern improvements, the nice gauges and nice
interior - before the "cheapening", the headrests and has the low slung
chrome bumper looks. Last full year of production too. The 74 was only a
half year and it had those BIG, ugly bumper guards. I guess a lot of people
would argue with me though. It's not really a big deal though. ALL B's are
nice!

Jerry
 73 B Black Beauty roadster