floor pan repair

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: floor pan repair
From: Robert Eiffert <robert@crypticmachinery.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 21:55:32 -0700
The driver side has rusted out around the seat mount nuts. Approx. fender
washer size to solid metal. (and no, I didn't try that DPO type fix).

Would cutting out a rectangular section, then use a flanging tool (like
Eastwood sells) and brazing in a piece of same thickness sheet  be the right
way to fix?

Seems like a good way to relearn some of the shop class skills. And get the
65 B back on the road sooner than replacing the whole pan.  I haven't found
any other rust in structural places.

Bob Eiffert
Vancouver WA

///