Transmission Swap

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission Swap
From: James Schulte <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 22:38:27 -0700
I'm getting ready to swap a O/D tranny I just bought.   I'll be pulling
the engine out of my 70B.  I'm not sure if I have enough room in my
garage to pull both engine and tranny together.  Anyone done the
homework on how much room one needs to do both?  Otherwise, I'd like to
hear debate on which is easier and why.  With limited space,  and just
an engine lift, 6 jack stands, one 2 1/2 ton floor jack, one 2 ton
hydrolic jack and 50 year old muscle I'll be attempting this soon after
I have a majority vote from you the experts....
Also, if anyone has recently completed such a change, please let me know
your list of parts to have ready to complete the job.  The current
engine was put in less then 2,000 miles ago(taken from another donor
car), so I'm hoping  the clutch plate and throw out bearing are good
(they were replaced at time of donation 2 summers ago).  I have a spare
throw out bearing, but no signs of any trouble to expect changing
current one. What else do I need?
TIA
Jim
70B