Re: Transmission Swap

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission Swap
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:40:44 -0700
My 2" -- pull the engine and tranny together. After all, it's the tranny you
want out of the car, right? And it's way easier to mate them together out
where you can see to line everything up. Space shouldn't be an issue if you
can leave the garage door open and back the car out as necessary. If you
don't use the adjustable-angle hoist thingy (that someone else mentioned)
you probably want a helper, though.

Since you are using the same engine and flywheel and know the actual mileage
on the clutch I reluctantly agree you can reuse it. Generally I strongly
recommend replacing it when you have the engine out.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///