Re: 308GTB pictures

To: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Subject: Re: 308GTB pictures
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 03:16:02 +0000
R. O. Lindsay wrote:

>    A few of you have expressed interest in seeing my 308GTB
> not that it is restored and the new wheels installed.
>
>  http://www.aubard.com/SideLo1.jpg

That is one spunkrat of a vehicle!  Can you make me one up too?

Speaking of handling (and I know this isn't a really fair comparison
considering the inexperience of the drivers - but hey, I have only been
out there for two seasons) but our local Ferrari Club hit my local track
again last week and my boss in his little old 308 GTS was grinning again
at his equal fastest time (alongside a 305).

This was them last time http://www.on.net/ferrari/

Hey, remember, an MG driver coached him around this track :-)

I still think he was a little amazed when I showed him my write-up in my
Club magazine where it told of my 'unmodified' 'B just seven seconds
slower around the same track (1:36 vs 1:29).  Yes, 7 seconds is a long
time, but a 4 cylinder, 1800cc, 33 year old MGB versus a Ferrari?

The tight little track is definitely a handful for the rather heavier
Ferrari and it takes a good setup and a skilful driver to get the best
out of a beast like that around Mallala!

This is a map of the track.. http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/mallala

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia