Re: Interesting "Sebring MGC"...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting "Sebring MGC"...
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 14:11:53 -0700
Huh, interesting. Sounds like the fellow has a bit of an ax to grind. But if
it really has a light alloy body shell, what else could it be? You can't buy
that from Moss. Although I notice that in the actual car description it
doesn't say anything about that, and the rear alloy flares appear to be
riveted on. An aluminum bonnet and door skins wouldn't mean diddly. All the
competition equipment and running gear is of more recent origin, of course,
so even if the story is true, what you have is more of a replica or
reconstruction than a bona fide works car. Still, it would make a heck of a
vintage racer if you could convince any sanctioning body to accept it.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///