Interesting "Sebring MGC"...

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interesting "Sebring MGC"...
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 09:20:14 -0400
I went to see this car in Dec of last year. I t was at a "collector" dealer
just east of Stamford, CT.

It was a very interesting sight and was originally for sale at $27K,
I was more interested in its details, for future reference. However
when I got there, it "just didn't feel right". There were some details
on the car which were wrong (pointed out by some else on the list),
there was too much fibre-glass, and the interior did not look right
although it did have a beautiful patina. Take a look at the rear-wheel
arches - they just don't look right.

Altogether a great "replica", and wonderful piece of MG history,
but as I said - it didn't seem like the real McCoy

gerry

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list