Re: Interesting "Sebring MGC"...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting "Sebring MGC"...
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 13:38:29 -0700
on 5/20/01 8:33 AM, JustBrits at justbrits@home.com wrote:

> <<Although I notice that in the actual car description it
> doesn't say anything about that, >>
>
> True enough, Max.  Has anybody noiced it would appear that there are TWO
> cars in the pictures??
>
> Ed

Good eye, Ed! At any rate it has two different sets of wheels. I couldn't
pin down any other discrepancies myself -- did you catch some? Just out of
curiosity, does anyone know the purpose of that little amber light on the
roof above the driver's door?

BTW, I think the seller's response to Kai's research was pretty darn rude.
It also seemed to demonstrate a certain lack of gentlemanly manners to call
this Mr. Chatham a liar in this venue where he has no chance to defend
himself. Why didn't he state this circumstance on the web page, as part of
his "mountain of evidence"?

I don't claim to know if this car is authentic or not. But I will say I
wasn't favorably impressed by the tone of the web page (lots of breezy
claims but no evidence -- and really ugly type layout <g>). And I don't care
for the seller's attitude at all. He should expect a healthy amount of
skepticism from potential buyers and marque enthusiasts in general. The
burden of proof is on the seller, to justify the selling price. Lashing out
at perceived challenges to his undocumented claims is scarcely going to
increase the confidence of the market. Caveat emptor.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///