MGs at Road Atlanta

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>, mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGs at Road Atlanta
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:42:06 -0600
      To:
         mgatwincam@yahoogroups.com

Ron & group,

If I may amplify a bit ... yes, MG is the featured marque at the
VSCDA
Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival, September 21-23.  This is also the
MG Vintage
Racers "Focus Event" for 2001.

We have at least 50 MG's coming (that's 50 MG's that will
actually race),
and it may go as high as 60 or more.  Notable cars include Dean
Butler's K3
(certainly the quickest genuine K3 in the world, he is flying the
car over
from England for this event); the Johnny von Neumann Special,
coming in from
California; Pete Thelander's NE (one of seven made of this
factory racing
model); at least one Cooper-MG and two Lester-MG's; the
ex-Carroll Shelby TC
(his first race car); the list goes on & on.  This will be the
most
significant display of racing MG's since the Glen in '98.  Not
sure how many
Twin Cams are coming, we think Dick Baker is bringing the
"clamshell" car --
what about Spohn & Zbarsky?

There will also be a fabulous group of Pre-war race cars (and
these cars
will be racing, not just a static display):  two ERA's (probably
the first &
only time there have been two ERA's in the same race in North
America,
ever); a Grand Prix Alfa; a Grand Prix Delahaye; at least two
Bugattis; the
Ardent Alligator; plus a bunch of Pre-war MG's.

Al Moss is our featured guest, and will be a speaker at the race
banquet on
Saturday night.  Most of us know him as the founder of Moss
Motors, but he
was also extremely active in racing MG's on the west coast in the
1950's and
60's, helping Ken Miles get his start in his famous R1 and R2
specials, etc.

This will be the biggest, best MG racing event in years, hope
lots of you
can come & enjoy.  If you've never been to a vintage race, you'll
certainly
find it way more exciting than any car show.

Regards,
Mark Palmer

>From: Littlesuzn@aol.com
>To: mgatwincam@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Twin Cam - MG's at Road America
>Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 19:08:26 EDT
>
>Two Cammers:
>
>Just a little reminder that MG is the featured marque at Elkhart this fall.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list