Re: SpeedVision

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SpeedVision
From: "Eddie Sheffield" <esheffield@prizmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:46:55 -0400
I just tried it with Netscape 6, and it worked fine. I'll have to try
Netscape 4.7 on my wife's computer and see what happens. Having used
FrontPage (VERY briefly) in the past, I agree it is a festering piece of
crap. NOBODY should use it, as it does make way too many assumptions about
the browser being used.

Note, if you decide to try Netscape 6 at the Speedvision site (or others
too, probably) the daily and weekly schedules pop up in new windows. This
isn't readily apparent though since the new window is the exact same size
and location as the original one! You may notice more buttons on the
taskbar, but if you're like me you'll first wonder "Why don't I have a back
button now?" Kind of screwy. New windows popped up like that should really
be staggered.

You can also get printable schedules there in Adobe PDF, which is nice.

HTH, FWIW,

Eddie
1971 Midget