65 MGB Restoration

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 65 MGB Restoration
From: Rick Huber <rickhuber1@home.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 11:10:48 -0400
Hello All,

After 2 years, I'm finally starting to work  on my 65 MGB.  It's a
perfect , BRG painted body shell and I've swapped out every piece from a
previously running but terribly rusty car.  Now comes the task of making
everything work again.  I'm planning to rebuild the engine / trans and
then put it all back together.  Once it's running again, I'll continue
with a rolling restoration.

So, now I'm making a parts list.  A couple of things I need that I'm
thinking of getting used are a radiator and a steering wheel.  Anybody
have those for sale ?  Any ideas where to look for new parts other than
Moss, Vicky Brit, and TRF ?   How bout used parts ?  Any good web sites
other than eBay, where I'm already looking ?

The other question is what's the right order for putting things back
together.  With the engine / trans out of the car, I'm planning:

Brakes - complete rebuild
Clutch hydraulics
Electrics - new wiring harness
Steering
Windshield
Dash / Gauges
Fuel system
Heater

Then when the engine / trans goes back in the rolling part of the
restoration starts:

Door mechanicals
Interior - seats, carpet, panels
Exterior trim