Re: Great Day for a drive!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Great Day for a drive!
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 13:49:50 -0600
I left Minnesota right at the start of the rainy weather. It was sunny the
whole time I was there. Eleven days, 2000 miles of driving and the only LBC
I saw on the road was a nice Jaguar convertible in Rochester. On the return
trip to Montana, I decided to drive through South Dakota instead of North
Dakota.

I did finally see a couple of parked British cars in the town of Murdo
(population 560). A Triumph Spitfire was topless, exposed to the elements,
and looked like it had been parked in the same spot on the west side of
town for many years, maybe ten years since the license plates were from
'91. Murdo's claim to fame is a car museum which was closed when we were in
town. But outside the museum was parked a Sunbeam Rapier which later was
gone so apparently its still in use. The museum's main attraction according
to the billboards is the authentic original General Lee from the Dukes of
Hazzard TV show. However, they also claim they have the world's largest
roadster  - picture here:

http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/mg/murdo.jpg

I have to admit that it sure beat some other great tourist attractions I
have driven by this year including the world's largest cow (North Dakota)
and the world's largest prarie dog (Kansas).

David Councill
65 MGB (son's car)
67 MGB-GT
71 MGB-GT (parts car)
72 MGB body shell
74 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 (the other convertible)
80 Triumph TR7 DHC (for sale)

At 02:24 AM 5/28/01 -0500, Brent Schwartz wrote:
>After a whole week of damp rainy weather here in Minneapolis,
>Minnesota we finally had a beautiful day.  So, I drove the B to
>church.  Then I drove it across town to the St. Paul area and back.
>It is realy running nice.
>
>This is to say thanks for answering my questions and helping
>me to be able to enjoy this sweet little car.
>
>Next major project is suspension bushings.  I'm following the
>threads on this subject with interest because my bushings are
>badly deteriorated.
>
>Brent

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list