Re: First test drive

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: First test drive
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 14:05:51 -0500
ATWEDITOR@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/29/01 11:45:30 AM, rolindsay@dgrc.com writes:
>
> << The car ran beautifully all the way there and
> half the way back.  I ran out of gas. >>
>
> You must have had a heart attack when the thing started to die.  Or did the
> hammaring fuel pump let you know what was to happen?
>
> Jay Donoghue

   No, I did the heart attack thing.  I had just spent the better
part of the day putting all the carpets and insulation in the rear
so the fuel pump chattering along was barely audible.  When I
popped the bonnet and saw the empty fuel filter I knew I had a
fuel problem.
   I can tell you that after adding a gallon of fuel from the lawn
mower can, it was MIGHTY reassuring top hear the fuel pump
ratchet down from a 'buzz of clicks' to the occasional click.  It
started right up and on I went.

rick

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list