Engine Oils and Viscosity

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Oils and Viscosity
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 19:54:40 -0500
I've used a number of different brands of 20W50 in my MGs, and I swear some
are thicker than others. I just tried Pennzoil and it seems the thinest.
Quaker State gets my vote for the thickest. This is based on my totally
subjective impression of pouring rate, oil consumption and pressure reading
on the gauge. I just wondered if anyone else has noticed a difference.

BTW: Does anyone have an opinion on which brand is best?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@home.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336