Re: Which Classic for a Daily Driver?

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: Re: Which Classic for a Daily Driver?
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 12:40:03 -0500
"Dodd, Kelvin" wrote:

>         For kiddie chores, I'm working on a 58 MG Magnette and a 66 Jaguar
> 3.8S.  The rarity of each and fuel mileage of the Jag precludes them from
> being daily drivers.

   Yeee haaaa!  A 3.8 S-Type!  I restored one of those.  Mine was
a '66.  Man, they are a boat-load of work compared to our LBCs.
And the wood!  There's half a forest in a 3.8S! :-)  Great cars.  And
that XK motor is straight forward to rebuild, if heavy, and has GOBS
of torque.  Good fun.
   BTW, Kelvin, I still have both service manual and parts manual for
the S-Type.  I can scan pages if you don't have the books ot get in
a bind...

best regards,
--
Rick Lindsay