Removing Brake Servo....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Removing Brake Servo....
From: AGreenberg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 17:47:18 EDT
Ok, I give up.  How the heck to do take out the brake servo unit??

I took off the master cylinder ( dumb idea, looks like you should take of the
servo at the same time ).  Then I took off the cover plate for the pedal box,
removed the top two nuts then attacked the bottom bolts from inside the
passenger compartment.
One nut I can see, the other I can't unbolt.  There isn't enough room to get
any kind of arc with my 12pt 1/2" spanner.  Is there a recommended tool???

The reason I'm taking the servo and master cylinder off is so I can rebuild
them.  See the copy of my earlier post at the bottom of this page.

See you Connecticut area Folks at Harkness tomorrow.  Unfortunately the MG
isn't ready. ( very sad )

Best Regards,

Alex

1976  MBG soon to be far weather Daily Driver.
1993  Subaru Legacy LE - painfully reliable
1974 Ducati 750GT - exquisitely beautiful Motorcycle

REPRINT FROM EARLIER POST

I just timed my engine, and set the idle tonight and decided to take my
maiden voyage to the end of the street after 5 months of restoration.
I bought the car in November, started the engine but have never driven it.
  After about a quarter of a mile of reasonable driving and braking I decided
to stomp on it and brake hard.  I quickly realized that my brakes were
dragging  I jacked it up to see if the emergency was lock-up...nope.  Plenty
of fluid, nice peddle height etc....Is there a check valve somewhere that is
problematic?  Any other ideas??

Max, Blake, Barney  thank you for jumping on this!

Barney, lifted up one side of the car ( driver's ) both wheels were 'braked'
so I think the problem is closer to something that hits all the wheels - The
Master Cylinder ( wasn't that Felix the Cats' nemesis?) is the only thing I
can think of .
I went out to the driveway a little while ago to check on my hood frame
rustoleum job and saw that the B had rolled to the low spot on the drive. All
the wheels are freed.
Hmmmmm....

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list