RE: Oil Sender Hose 376-180

To: "'Ptegler'" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Subject: RE: Oil Sender Hose 376-180
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:43:08 -0700
Paul:

        The original MGB oil pressure sending hose for all years was steel
braid over rubber.  The hoses did have a habit of failing after about 10
years.  Normally this wasn't catastrophic, just messy as the hose oozed and
became covered in crud.

        The teflon lined replacement hoses came out in the late 70s or 80s.
They were packaged in a Moss labeled plastic bag with a lifetime guarantee
sticker.  From experience they worked well and except for a few crimp
failures did not have problems.

        I wondered too why the A, B and AH all had expensive braided steel
lines and the Spridget had to get by with thick wall rubber.  Possibly the
higher market price for the vehicle.

Kelvin.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list