Turn Signals...

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turn Signals...
From: "Chris Chandler" <barak@voyager.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 23:58:13 -0700
I cleaned up all the connections (front and rear) in the turn signal path
tonight and it has marginally improved performance.  Now the right blinker
goes normally (as before) and the left comes on and blinks about once every
ten seconds.

Some observations:

1) I swapped the left & right assemblies temporarily and the right (with the
left lamp assembly) continued to work correctly, the left had the same
problem as before, so I don't believe there's anything wrong with the lamp
assemblies themselves.

2) Taking a jumper from the left signal case to ground had ZERO effect.

3) Using a test light, discovered that left would flash normally while test
light applied to correct terminal of hazard switch.

4) Using test light, right would flash faster when the test light was
applied to it.

5) Using test light, discovered that left would flash normally while test
light applied to connection at the switch on the turn signal stalk.

6) I only have 5 wires connected to the hazard switch (G, G, GR, GW, GN) and
the wiring diagram seems to show 6 total.  The ones I do have are connected
as follows (viewed from back):

        EMPTY

       GW    GB

            GR

       G      G

So, using this info, can anyone give me a hand?  I'm at wits end here!

Thanks,
Chris
'70 MGB Roadster

///