RE: Overdrive solenoid problem?

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Overdrive solenoid problem?
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 06:12:55 -0500
Max Heim wrote:

"One might be tempted to peel back the tunnel carpet and cut an access hole
right on top of the silly thing, should it turn out to be the problem after
all. You could always screw a cover plate back over the hole; it would be
hidden by the carpet."

Max this exact procedure was recommended to me by a very knowledgeable MG
individual.  He gave me the dimensions to drill a hole in the tunnel prior
to installing the engine and gearbox.  After the gearbox is in place, you
will be able to see the exact location of the switch through the hole.  He
recommended lowering the gearbox and cutting a hole so you could get to the
switch.  Then cover the hole with a plate and a couple screws.  Just make
sure to seal the plate so water won't seep into the carpets.  You now have
access to the switch with everything in place.

Ken

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list