Re: HS6, SU carb question.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HS6, SU carb question.
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 09:41:09 -0700
That makes sense. In my experience, Grose-Jets don't jam open on small bits
of debris like a regular needle valve. They will stick closed now and then,
however, given a gummy enough fuel supply (old tank, cheap gas). Happened to
me last Saturday at 3am (although I wouldn't have called 92 octane premium
at 2.20-something a gallon "cheap gas"...). Removing the float head, shaking
it vigorously, and blowing through the valve soon cleared it.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///