Re: Rollbar Camera Mount

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: Rollbar Camera Mount
From: James Nazarian Jr <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:28:49 -0600
Eric,

I think Pegasus sells those things.  I think they meet SCCA regs,
so hopefully no problems with your tech.

www.peagausautoracing.com
also try
www.ioportracing.com

--
James Nazarian Jr
71 MGB roadster

A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have
   evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 11:11:14PM +0930, Eric profoundly declared:
> Guys,
>
> I have been hunting for a while now (both on the 'Net and off) for a
> decent rollbar mount for a video camera.
>
> I found a Miata-based mount but it would probably be only marginally
> suitable for the 'B even with modifications.
>
> The most important thing (and I haven't check with the-powers-that-be
> yet) is that it must be secure enough to be let out on the track.  I
> don't want other cars to get a faceful of flying camera if it comes loose.
>
> Maybe there isn't one that will pass scrutineering but if anyone has any
> sources or designs I would be grateful if you could send my your ideas
> (probably off-list unless you think others may be interested).
>
> If you know of such a mount but think it wouldn't pass competition
> scrutineering, send it to me anyway.  I may be able to modify it - or
> may just end up getting some 'in-car' shots of cruising through our
> twisty hills' roads.
>
> I expect that I would be using a little 'handycam' type camera...
> nothing larger.
>
> Eric
> '68MGB MkII
> Adelaide, South Australia