Hot brakes

To: "MGS" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hot brakes
From: "Will Brien" <wbrien@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 18:32:07 -0400
Anyone had this problem?

I took the B out for a short spin a couple of evenings ago, a 20 minute run
to the store.  When I got to the place I was going, I noticed a burning
smell but thought it was coming from somewhere else.  (You can tell it's
been a long time since I had an LBC!)  When I came out of the store, a woman
in the car next to me leaned over and whispered those words that get a guys
heart racing...she said, "your car's on fire".  Well, that figured, as I had
just thought to myself as I was driving to the store "gee, the B's really
running well".  Turns out that the car was not on fire, but the right rear
wheel was absolutely red hot and smoking slightly and the smell I had
smelled was brake lining.  However, the B ran fine on the way home and on
the next evening, after a short test run, did not give evidence of a problem
at all.

All I can figure is that the right rear brake got hung up somehow and then
worked itself free again.  Or maybe it was the parking brake, although I
know that I released it completely.  Not having had this problem before,
though, I'm just speculating.  Can anyone shed any light?

Will
Yellow 77

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list