Re: : 5 speed - why/Dan & Nina

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: : 5 speed - why/Dan & Nina
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 11:15:28 EDT
In a message dated 01/07/01 7:49:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> But Dan, I think you may have short-changed the stock- with o/d transmission
> just a little bit with regards to feel. I agree the gearshift is prone to
> slop when worn, but what isn't? I rebuilt the shifter extension on my car
> after years of "slopping" around, and can't believe how it transformed the
> operation and feel of action.

You see the same thinking as you do in regard to distributors and SUs - don't
rebuild them they are crappy anyway (usually from someone that has never
experienced a properly functioning item), replace them with e Mallory, a
Weber, whatever.

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list