Re: : 5 speed - why/Dan & Nina

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: : 5 speed - why/Dan & Nina
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 19:31:44 -0500

>You see the same thinking as you do in regard to distributors and SUs - don't
>rebuild them they are crappy anyway (usually from someone that has never
>experienced a properly functioning item), replace them with e Mallory, a
>Weber, whatever.
>
>Bill

Funny thing. One of my best friends switched to a Mallory a couple of
years ago. About 20,000 miles later, half way across Iowa, he
discovered that his self lubricating bushings hadn't. He is very
disappointed. My engine still has the original distributor, I run SUs
and I have an LH overdrive. OBTW, another friend was trying to order
an LH for his car and was having no luck. It seems that the order
taker at a Midwestern parts house replied that the cost for a Left
Hand overdrive was double, as the transmission and the overdrive unit
came separately. Being a bit of a devil he asked her about a Right
Hand Overdrive. Seems it was unavailable.

--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/

///