Re: 5 Speed - Why?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 5 Speed - Why?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 16:58:47 EDT
In a message dated 02/07/01 12:29:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Indeed, as the topic rages on most of the comments pertain to MGB's and 4
> speeds and overdrive units.   In the case of the MGA these o/d discussions
> don't pertain.   .....  I am considering the conversion to a five speed
> Sierra box and conversion kit.   While not original, it will allow my
> engine to work less hard, consume less fuel while maintaining good low end
> acceleration and allow the desired speeds at rpm's in the low 3k's.   Is
> there a negative side to this which I don't see?

Why not convert your MGA to an MG OD box? It's a lot easier to do - you just
need to modify the rear mount and add the wiring. I've done it on a street
car and as I didn't have fog lights, wired to the 'F' switch (figured it
could as well stand for 'faster').

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list