Re: eBay

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: eBay
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 15:23:02 -0600
It does happen but not very often.

I've found Ebay to be a good source for parts. But you have to know what
you are looking for and what it is worth and then bid accordingly. On a
couple of occasions, I have been out bid on used parts in which the winning
bid ultimately turned out to be more than the new price.

There is also the possibility that you can get a bad part but that hasn't
happened to me yet on Ebay. It did on a few private sales over the Internet.

David

At 03:25 PM 7/15/01 -0400, Barrie Robinson wrote:
>Folks at world,
>
>I am continually hearing of prices on eBay being MUCH higher than that
>charged by many of the parts suppliers.  My experience was that window
>seals for the MGB GT went for something outrageous like  US$110 and I was
>getting them for CAN$27 !!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list