MGA Found!

To: MG Digest <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Found!
From: Dave <hearts@radiks.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:07:49 -0500
Hi Everyone:

Soliciting help again!  My friend has just run across a 1960 MGA 1600
that  is in a garage that has not  run for 4 years.  Other than covered
with storage debris, it looks pretty solid.  Body has little rust.  The
hydraulics feel reasonable.  Brakes work. Clutch feels weak.   I turned
the engine slightly with a wrench on the main pulley.  Engine is not
froze. Twin SU's still have oil in the dampers. Battery is shot.
Question is what is the proper sequence to see if we can get it started
after sitting so long?  What protective measures should we take before
starting?  Any help would be appreciated!

Dave Ciaccio
'74 B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list