RE: Moss web site

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Moss web site
From: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:54:19 -0400
First off, let me say that I apologizefor my remarks yesterday in regards to
ladies headgear. sometimes my sense of humor may be a little off beat. (and
no... the wife didn't make me say that! :-)

browsers and not others. I don't know about the rest of you but I do
professional web development for several companies. The problems you see
usually arise when either insufficent cross browser testing is done or
simply because of the wide variety of browsers available make it too time
consuming to do the testing at all. As a general rule most sites are NOT
targeted to work only with MS IE. But due to the fact that IE is much more
forgiving in the quality of the code written, things that work in IE may not
work with other browsers. Netscape for example requires very good code to be
written with virtually no mistakes. In a nutshell sloppy code might work in
IE but will not work in NS. Good? Bad? It's not my intent to say one way or
the other. But the issue is not IE vs NS (or some other browser) it is more
a matter of writing quality code in the first place.

Greg

> On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:49:55 -0600, Larry Hoy wrote:
>
> >Perhaps Moss is reading this, I suspect they
> >are.  Maybe we'll see that feature in future iterations of
> their site.
>
> i hope they are..
>
> and i wish everyone here (even those using ms-internet
> Explorer) would
> complain to Moss about using web site programming techniques
> that try to
> force all their customers to use ANY one browser..
>
> i mean, do we all drive Fords, or WHAT!!
>
> Bill Gates HAS enough money--Moss should be open to ALL
> browsers. period
>
> DenverD - A Texan in Denmark
> 65B # GHN3L/33680; engine 18V581-H193

///