Re: gunson click adjuster

To: dcouncil@imt.net
Subject: Re: gunson click adjuster
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:26:26 -0500
I had a bit of difficulty with my Clikadjust at first, too.  In my case I
was adjusting the valve lash for the first time on a newly rebuilt motor.
 What I found is that the Clikadjust didn't work very well when trying to
turn down the screws from a wide gap.  I kept getting too big a gap,
according to the feeler gauge, as you found.  I don't know why this is,
perhaps I had a number of galled threads.

In any case, once I had the valves adjusted to pretty near where they
should be, it worked fine.  Rechecking the gap is now a breeze.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'74 MG Midget vintage racer