gunson click adjuster

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: gunson click adjuster
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:55:38 -0600
Well, I finally put my recently purchased Gunson Clikadjust to the test
today. And much like the Colortune, I found it to be relatively worthless.

Again, the theory sounded good.

With this gadget, you tighten the tapped adjustment screw until the device
clicks (zero clearance) and then eight turns counter clockwise makes your
gap. Being an old codger, I had to test it with my feeler gauges only to
find out on several valves, the gap was too large. What happens is that the
device supposedly detects resistance when tightening the adjustment screw
so it starts clicking at that point of resistance. For some reason, on
several valves, it clicked even though the nut was loose and there was
still at least a gap of 0.010". After spending about ten minutes fiddling
with two valves, I set the device to the side and had all the valves
adjusted with my feeler gauge, 1/2" wrench, and screwdriver in less than
five minutes.

Do I have a defective Clikadjust or is this thing just another over hyped
screwdriver?

I was trying to teach my son an easy way to do his valves with this tool
but failed.

David
67 BGT
72 B