Re: Emissions Stuff

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Emissions Stuff
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:38:35 -0600 (MDT)
In CO, they shutdown the independent stations.
The local mechanics cannot preform the formal tests, they can tell you if you
will pass or not, but that is about it.

You have to take it too one of the certified stations. All they do is test the
emmisions.  The testers have no skills other than to hook your car up.

They do a visual inspection, though not always very through.  Then they do a
tail pipe test.  If your car doesn't have the goods, then it fails the visual
inspection.

Once your car is 25 years, then you can get collector plates.  At that point
pass the test once, pay for 5 years worth of plates and as long as you keep 'em
current, you never have to take the test again.

I passed 4 years ago with a different engine, different carbs and different
exhaust, but I am still good to go.

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Dan DiBiase wrote:

> Jim, do they check that it is physically present, or do you feel you need
> it to pass? My '76 B has had all the stuff removed, and I have taken it to
> an MG shop for the sticker... Supposedly all they had to do was pop the
> air pump back on and tune it a bit to get it to pass..... All I have on
> 'permanently' is the catcon....
>

> =====
> Dan DiBiase
> Dayton, NJ