RE: I need moral support!

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: I need moral support!
From: Derek Vandivere <dvandivere@akibia.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:23:40 -0400
So I spend the weekend working on the cooling system (why is my filler
plug a square bolt, rather than the hexagonal one pictured in every
catalogue I've ever seen), whacking the heck out of the thermostat
housing with the BFH to get it off, getting it all put back together
well, and the car doesn't overheat any more. Hoorah!

Then the engine dies on the way to work today (sounded almost as if it
had suffocated - and it's been hesitating / sputtering frequently as
well - would a clogged air filter contribute to that? it looks a bit
gungy to me), I put on the hazards, and evidently blow a fuse and lose
all my gauges. Pull into the service station and park right behind a
Boxster.

So now I'm checking prices for new cars - I can probably afford a decent
new roadster, and the TT convertible is pretty nice looking. As of a few
weeks ago, I have to drive to work 4 days a week, so I'm getting
worried. Please, somebody convince me not to sell my B!

Dejectedly,
Derek ('78B)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list