Oils and Starters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oils and Starters
From: bruce <mgb1964@cois.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 06:48:47 -0400
I need the Wisdom of the List.

        The car is a 1964 MG with a 10 thou "over" 3 main engine. It was
rebuilt a
few years ago and has about 3000 miles on it. In the past it has been
treated with 20/50 oil changes and driven only in the summer. I have
recently come across some 20/50 synthetic "blend" oils from Shell. Is there
any advantage /disadvantage in switching? They say that because it is a
"blend" it is not as severe as going totally synthetic.

        Same car different question. At odd and importune times the car will
just
"click" when the key is turned. On inspection under the hood I see the
starter motor has a 7/16 head on the back of it . One small turn with a
wrench and all is well. I figured they put it there for a reason and that
was it. Can any one tell me what the problem could be?

Thank You
Bruce P. Phillips

64 Roadster---daily
69 GT