Re: Oils and Starters

To: mgb1964@cois.on.ca, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oils and Starters
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:30:45 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/01 6:57:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mgb1964@cois.on.ca writes:

>     The car is a 1964 MG with a 10 thou "over" 3 main engine. It was rebuilt
> few years ago and has about 3000 miles on it. In the past it has been
> treated with 20/50 oil changes and driven only in the summer. I have
> recently come across some 20/50 synthetic "blend" oils from Shell. Is there
> any advantage /disadvantage in switching? They say that because it is a

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've never heard of synthetic oil described as "severe" before!  Why spend
more money for a synthetic blend when you can use full synthetic and have all
the advantages?

Switch to full synthetic oil.  It is a great product and I am totally sold on
it.  It doesn't matter which brand you use, but make sure it is full
synthetic.  The Valvoline web site is pretty neat, BTW.  Good products too.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport