Re: Oils and Starters

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oils and Starters
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:37:42 -0700
My personal opinion is that synthetic blend oil won't have any measurable
benefit on an older engine, but won't hurt. But it's your money...

In my experience, a common cause of the starter "clicking" you describe is
just corrosion on the battery posts. Just that little bit of extra
resistance keeps the starter from turning over, when it happens to have come
to rest in a sub-optimal position. Make sure the contact areas are clean and
shiny and coat the clamps with vaseline or dielectric grease.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///