Re: Brakes locking up on MGB

To: KD6BGO@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brakes locking up on MGB
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:47:35 EDT
In a message dated 9/10/01 11:48:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, KD6BGO@aol.com
writes:

>   I have a brake problem with my 69 MGBGT. Occcasionally, the brakes do not
> release. It seems to be on the rear brakes only. When this happens, the
> pedal
> is very stiff, and I can tell that the rear brakes are still engaged.
> Master

- - - - - - - - - - - -

It could be the flex line to the rear is collapsing internally.  If the flex
lines are getting old, it is time to replace them, and it is also a good time
to flush and replace your brake fluid.

If only one side is locking, then I would suspect a bad wheel cylinder.  Both
sides is either a bad flex line or a bad MC.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport