Immigrants and speaking the language WAY off topic

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Immigrants and speaking the language WAY off topic
From: Mike Barnes <mike@mghorizon.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:40:16 -0500
And did the immigrants in the 1600's learn the language of America when they
got here????  I think it would be safe to say "no."

Um...  I don't know about you, but I don't speak a WORD of Cherokee (even
though I'm part that) or Sioux (ditto) or Blackfoot (ditto) and I'm not even
sure that there are LANGUAGES called Sioux or Blackfoot.

For the love of Pete.  My wonderful BRITISH husband speaks ENGLISH.  Not
American, which my daughter and I speak, but we understand each other JUST
FINE.

Stef

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list