Re: Electrical connections get hot - your opinion /

To: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Subject: Re: Electrical connections get hot - your opinion /
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:59:14 -0400
Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com wrote:
> This weekend I've been touring several times in darker times, so the lights
> were on.
> It all works fine, but some wiring connections under the dash become rather
> hot.

  As mentioned, cleaning the connections is a good start and will
likely help.

  Otherwise, you might try comparing to another car and seeing
if they really are hot. Some of those wires do get hot, especially
the headlight switch itself. (which is likely why they have short
lifespans)

  If it's uncomfortable to touch, or smells strongly, it's
likely a problem. If it's just warm, it might just be
SOP.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca