Re: question on taking out engine

To: rexcats <rexcats@pacbell.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: question on taking out engine
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:42:03 -0400
At 12:04 PM 9/24/01 -0700, rexcats wrote:
>I think this weekend we will be ready to pull the engine on the 79 MGB, so
>is it easier to remove the engine with the transmission attached or not!
>Also when it goes back in is it better attached or not.  Any other words of
>wisdom on pulling a 79 MGB engine are appreciated.

My own limited experiance showed that it was much easier to take it all out
at once. Jacking the back of the car up helps you get the angle required
for it to come out. You will need some kind of method to change the angle
as it hangs on the winch. Use a trolley jack underneath to guide and
support the transmission. Read Porter's DIY guide and cruise the internet.
There are many people on the list who have this more times than I can
count. But this a quick 2 minute start.

Carl

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list