Re: Electrical connections get hot - your opinion / experience

To: <Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical connections get hot - your opinion / experience
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 23:58:44 -0500
You might separate the connectors and give them a good visual examination.
If there's no evidence of burning or melting, I wouldn't worry about it. If
there
is damage and it seems to be isolated to one conductor, I would just jumper
the one conductor around the connector. How hot is hot? I'd say warm is ok,
but if it's uncomfortable to touch, there's a problem.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@home.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336