You might separate the connectors and give them a good visual examination.
If there's no evidence of burning or melting, I wouldn't worry about it. If
is damage and it seems to be isolated to one conductor, I would just jumper
the one conductor around the connector. How hot is hot? I'd say warm is ok,
but if it's uncomfortable to touch, there's a problem.
Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - email@example.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 1:42 AM
Subject: Electrical connections get hot - your opinion / experience please
> Hi listers,
> Mostly I'm quite comfortable with electricity and basicly for the issue I
> have now I can find the solution as well, but like to know the best choice
> from MG respective view.
> This weekend I've been touring several times in darker times, so the
> were on.
> It all works fine, but some wiring connections under the dash become
> It regards a moulded connector group, which are connecting many wires
> together in one time.
> As these are an integral part of the wiring loom, I never have replaced
> bit of it while restoring the BGT.
> All other bullet connectors which were lose have been replaced and the
> receptacles were these fit into have been replaced alltogether. This
> resulted in a never failing electrics sofar.
> Now I'd like to know your opinions:
> Should I cut these moulded connector groups off and replace these with new
> separate new bullet connector joints?
> Are there safe alternatives?
> Thanks in advance.
> '71 BGT
/// firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
/// or try http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool