Re: MGA coolant loss after driving........

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA coolant loss after driving........
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:43:55 -0500
Bill:

    Remember our old cars don't have overflow tanks. If you fill the
radiator above what the owners manual specifies, you can expect some
overflow onto the street. I think the coolant actually reaches it's highest
temperature shortly after the engine is turned off (at least that's what my
gauge says). This makes the coolant expand to it's greatest volume, hence
the coolant puddle under the car. Anyway, this is my theory. If you keep
getting a puddle after every drive without adding coolant, then it must be a
leak.

IMHO: I still think the overflow tanks are just there to put the fill line
in your face. Most people don't realize there is a fill line in the old
radiators, or a procedure to follow.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@home.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470