Re: Some ignition system questions...

To: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, "Harold Pulcher"
Subject: Re: Some ignition system questions...
From: Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 22:24:07 -0300
>Subject: Some ignition system questions...
>

>> 1. The '80 Bs didn't have electronic ignition did they?
>
>Yes, in a manner of speaking.  Either a 45DE4 with integral amplifier known
>as the 'Opus' ('opeless) and the later 45DM4 with a remote amplifier.  These
>were not what is usually meant by 'electronic ignition' systems but
>conventional systems with an electronic trigger in place of the points, i.e.
>the forerunner of the Pertronix.

   Can someone comment on the ignition coil in the 80 B's ?  Are they just
ordinary
coils or are they highter output "sport" type coils ?    If they are not sport
coils, can someone comment on the various sport models out there.  Are some
better than others ?  As an example, Moss sells a few different brands such as
Lucas (I guess we can rule that one out), Crane, Pertronix, and  V-B sells
others.  Opinions ?

   Thanks,

       Gene Balinski

           80 B