Re: MGA trade?

To: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@zoominternet.net>
Subject: Re: MGA trade?
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 20:42:52 -0400
Technically a meteorite could fall, but chances are slim.  On the other
hand, I put on 40,000 miles a year most of which at 80 mph on Interstate 93
(not all in the MG of course, but the rest are in my Saab convertible, so
the same problem applies) and weekly I'm presented with highly
dangerous/aggressive drivers.  In fact, we have an informal rating system,
the CBI (crazy bastard index), which on some days just goes through the
roof with idiots passing in the breakdown lane, jinking between lanes and
cutting in between cars leaving only feet to spare.

So, yeah, a meteorite could come down.  But more likely some idiot in a
much heavier car will ram me some day.  I rate the chances of that as much
more likely.

If you're driving around town, no that's not a likely scenario, aside from
getting rammed in an intersection by someone running a red light (can
happen), but on a fast busy highway, there's always one really dangerous
idiot around.  At least in the Saab I feel halfway safe, but in the MG I
can feel really exposed.

- Tab

At 03:42 PM 10/9/01 -0400, James H. Nazarian, Ph.D. wrote:
>Tab Julius wrote:
>
> > Sometimes you're driving just fine, but there's some other idiot passing
> > with no room or something that can smash into you or send your car flying
> > off the edge of the highway, even though you're the most careful driver,
> > and MGs are what - 1800 pounds?  A good whack in a bad accident can send
> > you over.
> >
> > Usually it's not my driving that I'm worried about, but some other a******
> > on the road.
> >

>Yes, this is true, and a meteorite could fall out of the sky and clobber
>me when I
>walk outside for the mail.
>

>Jim

///